Intelligent Confusion

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The right time is never

This is a geek rant. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I was playing with my computer earlier - a heavily 3D piece of gaming in an Arcade Stylee, when Windows Update decided it wanted to reboot my machine/ While it was willing to let me do it later, it insists on asking me again every 10 minutes or so.

A lesson for Microsoft then - if I'm running an application full-screen, especially if it's not in my video adapaters primary mode, there is a time to swap away from that and ask me to reboot. That time is never. I said I'd do it later, I will. Stop bugging me about it.

Especially when I'm trying to manouver a virtual Porsche 911, and the update in question is only Windows Genuine Advatage. Trust me enough to let me finish what I'm doing - I'll get back to you when I'm ready

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home